Monday, March 1, 2021

Photo Differential Catch Up (27-28Feb2021)

I was so butt sore that I was not on the pelagic this weekend which netted three birds (Skua, Little Gull and Fulmar) which are becoming increasingly unlikely for my year effort.  However, it was my youngest son's 14th Bday weekend so we had fun at home.  I did manage to get away for some birding locally and caught up on a couple birds I have seen and needed a photo off and one bird that I haven't seen yet but is a given for SE North Carolina.


Matthew W was needing a Pacific Loon so I helped him locate some and in fact we had 3 total, this one at the south end of WB.


Look how dainty that head is compared with a Common Loon.


Long-tailed Duck


I scrutinize every Herring I see for a possible California Gull, one day I will find one.


Baltimore Oriole at Airlie Gardens


Wood Duck


Black-and-white Warbler


Hermit Thrush


B&W


Pine Warbler


Ruby-throated Hummingbird


How freaking cute is this Ruby-crowned Kinglet?



The Wilson's Warbler is still around.


Eastern Towhee


Tufted Titmouse

Sunday morning I took a drive across Holly Shelter from the east to the west side and only came away with 2 photos but it was a beautiful day.


Red-Cockaded Woodpecker - somehow I only saw this one and he disappeared before I could get a closer shot.


Some kind of Polypore mushroom.

The weather forecast for this weekend looks good so far so here's hoping for a good finale for the winter pelagics.


No comments:

Post a Comment