Saturday, December 5, 2020

MacGillivray's Warbler - 04Dec2020

I was just taking up birding when the last chaseable MacG's Warbler was seen, I think at Lake Mattamuskeet, so I wasn't quite a twitcher yet.  I have seen them out west but my photographs leave something to be desired, so it didn't take long to convince myself to chase this one when it was found in Duck on the OBX.  I truly had to work hard for this one.  When I arrived at 9am, no one had seen it yet and in fact the whole boardwalk area where it was seen was very quiet with almost no birds well past noon.  Birders came and left with no luck.  At around 2pm I was walking back to my truck and noticed a small feeding flock with Chickadees, Cardinals and a wintering Parula so I waited and out popped MacG!  




MacGillivray's are not usually seen sitting in an azalea bush.




No comments:

Post a Comment