Sunday, December 23, 2018

5MR Birding

Hey Folks, excited to try a new concept next year designed to get me birding locally and using my bike and stand-up paddleboard more.  One of the blogs (http://www.iusedtohatebirds.com) I follow has suggested the concept of birding only within a 5 mile radius of your residence.  She posted a website to help draw the circle so that's what I have done.
Google Earth (instructions can be found on this website: https://www.cartagram.com/4979/google-earth-as-the-crow-flies

Unfortunately some of my favorite spots like the north end of Wrightsville and Fort Fisher, not to mention Burnt Mill and most of Greenfield Lake are outside my circle.  Also, I have a ton of useless ocean unless I get a boat.  However, I am amped to have less of an impact on the environment and see some more of my home county.

I will use the eBird Patch function to track my progress and of course post a new list to my blog sidebar starting 01Jan2019!


No comments:

Post a Comment