Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Local Stuff (03-12Nov2017)

Just some random pics from the past week or so.  Here are a bunch from Wrightsville Beach.


Common Terns still around.  This one almost looked like an Arctic, but it wasn't.





Forster's Tern


Caspian


Black Skimmers


I counted over 100 Great Egrets, this was just one shot straight ahead, but to the left and right they were all over.  I should have taken a panoramic with my phone.


Common Tern


They were flagging in eBird.





Great Black-backed Gull


Black-bellied Plover


Piping Plover



Semi

Last Saturday I went to Shackleford Banks hoping for Long-billed Curlew or a rare godwit, and all I had to show for it....


Clapper Rail - sometimes I wonder why I drive all over looking for birds when I know very well that I can dip hard and many times I do.


Northern Pintails at Ashley School ponds - I loved the fall colors in this one.  A keeper.



Field Sparrow from Prairie Ridge Ecostation - my son had a soccer tourney in Cary and we stopped here for an hour.  I had a Lincoln's Sparrow too but photos were no good.


Vesper Sparrow courtesy of Sam C who called and let me know where it was.


So all that and the only year tic was a Vesper for New Hanover....

No comments:

Post a Comment