Melissa and I went up to Maine in June to visit my brother and his family. Most years we bring the boys but this time we left them home to watch Louie. Cape Elizabeth is a beautiful place and especially in June. As usual I am horrible at remembering to take some landscape or people pics, but I did bring out the crusher for some Maine birds.
Tree Swallows love my brother's property.
Black Guillemot - my brother got a sweet boat so we spent a lot of time out on the water.
I wanted to make another try for the continuing Tufted Puffin up at Eastern Egg Rock, but it was not seen as of a couple days after I got there.
Common Eider
Eider chick
Common Yellowthroat
One late afternoon we took the boat about an hour south to the Biddeford Pools area and got into a huge school of monster Striped Bass. However, just as we started to cast, some kayakers flagged us over. One of them had a huge treble hook stuck in his hand. I had to help push the hook out the other side of his hand while my brother cut the barb off with his clippers. We still had a good 30 minutes to catch some fish before we had to head back, but that was all we needed as the fish were everywhere.
Too big to keep!
An absolute cow!
Groundhog
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Northern Yellow Warbler
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
What a great little trip. I worked most of the time while I was up there so it wasn't technically a vacation, but I still had a ton of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment